Tuesday, August 19, 2008

As With Roses

A movie about Obadiah Homes by Shiloh Films.
Here is the trailer...



I have not seen the movie yet myself, but will post a review after viewing. If you have seen this film please, feel free to leave a review in comments.


(Update) Review:

We watched "As With Roses" last night. It's about an hour long. Unfortunately the movie box doesn't say so, we just had to watch it to find out. They have no end credits.

For a low budget film I thought it was done very well. They use the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for the shooting of the movie. You can see one of the "Pictured Rocks" in two of the scenes.

The film does bring up some interesting facts. At the end of the movie you find a connection to the Boston Massacre. I do feel watching the second time will be better than the first. I concentrated a lot on the wording to make sure I understood what they were saying, not wanting to miss anything. Of course the climax of the movie is the whipping of Obediah Holmes. I'd like to say more but would hate to ruin it for anyone.

The movie is definitely worth it's $20.00. This may be considered a low budget film but I'm sure it cost the makers a pretty penny. I think this movie is more valuable because it's made with the Love of Christ to show what our forefathers were willing to go through so we could have religious freedom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there,
I think this is my first visit to your blog.
What a powerful message. The movie looks like it would be rather hard hitting and emotional.
I live in New Zealand. I wonder if we will be able to get copies here?
Bless you,
Sandra in NZ