Saturday, June 25, 2011

Little River Home Coming

I am so thankful for the preaching that God blesses us with here @ Little River.  Such tremendous preaching it is hard to convey it all here.  Our preacher truly has the touch of God on him.  The preachers that come through are excellent men of God as well.  We had Bro. Ted Alexander and Bro. Matt McPhilllips from Port Huron, MI just last night.  They were traveling the route to the upcoming Baptist History Revival Tour.  It was encouraging.  About serving God because he loves us and has done so much for us.  Our service should show love back, a selfless love.  Also we should have a pure love for the brethren.  "Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:"  I Peter 1:22.  Not a false love!, but pure!  There was just so much to both messages! 

We will be having our Home Coming this Sunday.  Our preacher's preacher Bro. Perry and Ronnie Smith (Missionary to Ireland) will be preaching the services.  It's always good and we are looking forward to it.

I have been learning to weave and came across a little video with a women making a brightly colored rainbow throw blanket.  My first thought was EEW!  But as I looked at it more the colors were just amazing.  It got me to thinking about the rainbow in Genesis.  "And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you: And with every living creature that is with you of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.  And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.  And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:  I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.  And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:  and I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.  And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.  And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth."  Genesis 9:8-17
Wow,  in typing this a thought occurred to me to which I have no answer, Why would God make this covenant?  It's not like Noah or we who have come after have done God some great service.  Maybe I do know the answer "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loves us, Even when we were dead in sins.."  Eph. 2:4-5a  These verses are talking about salvation, but the same applies...His Great Love!

Revelation 4:3  "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."  God's complete promise!  What God promises comes to pass, He is faithful!! 

I can't decide which is more exciting, the covenant because of His Great Love or the fulfilled promise. 

Oh, and don't stop at vs. 3 in Rev.  keep reading, "...Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come."!

No comments: