Monday, March 4, 2013

Youth Meeting!

We had a great youth meeting this past Friday.  I believe all but one of the teens where able to come out.  We started off with a game.  I do not remember what the name of it was, my husband remembered if from his years at camp.  The object was to thy to get the keys from under the blinded folded persons chair and if they whacked you, you were out.  It was pretty hilarious when Greg decided to put the young married couple (Jess and Andrew - they help us out) back to back.  Greg said he noticed in this game that the women where more vicious.   Jess and I agreed that it's just natural defense coming out, lol.  Kind of like when you see the little old lady betting a man to death with her purse! HA!HA!HA!  Well the guys were definitely more tactical about it :).



Aside from all the fun, we also had a great lesson from the bible.  We started out in Psalm 139: 1-12, then we flipped over to 1 Samuel 15:1-26  He pointed out in vs. 20 how Saul said "..Yea, I have obeyed the voice of the LORD, and have gone the way which the LORD sent me, and have brought Agag the king of Amalek, and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites."  My husband put it this way... (As Saul) "I have obeyed God, just ask Agag yourself, he's right here."  He made several great points about these passages.  The teens are required to know Psalm 139 when we meet again at the end of the month.




3 comments:

Stephanie said...

My kids had a blast!

Elaine said...

Cool! I think Dana was pumped up on caffine before you dropped her off :). That's why you left her with us!! Lol.

Stephanie said...

Nope. She is her mothers child... she's always like that. :P